Friday, September 10, 2010

Busiest sabbath of my life



September 04, 2010:

The busiest Sabbath of my life started with some yummy pancakes. After our wonderful breakfast we headed towards Yerbas Buenas; our new home church. I went with Rachel, Chris, and Hanna. We had sabbath school and then followed by a really good sermon from our evangelism leader Puma. He’s an INCREDIBLE preacher and I’m so excited to be working with him! Rachel, Hanna, Chris and I sang “Pass me not oh gentle Savior” in Spanish for special music.

When church was done we went back home to have lunch and to rest up a little. Then at 4:30 we were back at the church for JA – Joventud Adventista (Adventist Youth). We lead out two games: sword drill and 20 questions. We did another special music and this time we sang Mighty to Save. We sang some songs, played more games, and then finally watched a video on codependency in relationships. It was almost 7pm when we returned back to the base.

We snarfed down some pancakes and headed out AGAIN for some juegos sociales (socaial games). When we arrived to Santa Elvita we were greeted by many kids very excited to play. We played many fun games, had a wonderful meal, and finally ended the evening with some goodbye words for our friend Bernie.


1 comment:

  1. sniff sniff, reading your blog makes me a little weepy :( but so glad to hear you guys are doing so great! your entry about the plague of flies was especially amusing lol :) say hi to everyone for me!! and shirley too pls!! <3

    ReplyDelete