Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New home = New church

November 27, 2010:

First Sabbath at Km 8. When we were told that we had to lead out church at Km 8, I was scared and sad. This meant that we would no longer be part of our current church L All the people we had bonded with would no longer be part of our Sabbath experience. And I had never lead out a church before…

But that’s the point of being a missionary. Sometimes you have to do things you’ve never done before and trust God that He’ll lead you. So that’s what I decided to do. I said, “God, I have no clue what I’m doing, but I ask that you guide us and bless us.”

So that week we planned out a church service. We prepared hymns, special music, offering, Sabbath school, a sermon, and more. We also let our patients know that we were going to have church that upcoming Sabbath. By Saturday morning we had the whole service written on a piece of paper.

The service went a little like this:

Rachel had the welcome, announcements, and opening prayer.

We sang four hymns and broke into two groups to have Sabbath school. Cecilia took the adults while Lauren, Rachel, and I took the kids.

We then sang some more.

Cecilia had the offering call and the children’s story.

Rachel, Lauren, and I sang a hymn for special music.

I had the sermon.

We sang our closing hymn.

Cecilia closed the service with a prayer.

It went well, not as we had planned, but I do believe God still blessed. We had a total of 7 people come and join us; three adults and four kids. We’ll continue letting our patients know that we have a church service on Saturdays along with Bible studies in the near future. We want to reach out to our community both medically and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment